- Power Automation Pte Ltd (PA) provides goods, engineering and commissioning services in the field of power system control, substation automation, smart grid and metering, protection systems and maintenance.
- By continuing to use the goods, solutions or services supplied by PA you signify that you have read, understood and agree to PA’s collection use and disclosure of your personal data as described in this Policy.
Information we may collect from you
- PA may collect the following data about you either directly from you, from your authorised representatives (i.e. persons who you have authorised and persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative) from third parties, or from publicly available sources:
- Personal information (such as your full name, NRIC, ethnicity, telephone numbers, address).
- Records from discussions or correspondences, including details obtained through customer satisfaction or other surveys.
- Details of your usage of utility (including consumption and usage data and reports generated by electricity meter reading system supplied by us to our customers).
- Information derived from cookies (small text files which uniquely identify your browser) where you visit any website or use any application created by or on behalf of PA.
- Information you provide to PA in relation to the provision of any goods, solutions or services from PA to you.
Use and disclosure of personal data collected
- You agree that PA may use your personal data where permitted by applicable law and for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve PA services including fulfilling audit requirements, performing or facilitating creditworthiness checks and billing services (including debt recovery) for our customers.
- To compile information for analysis and in reports to our customers.
- To conduct surveys, obtain feedback, provide you with information, products or services from PA which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out your instructions or to respond to enquiries.
- To comply with any requirements obligations or arrangements for using or disclosing data due to applicable laws, regulations or industry codes.
- For internal management of the services being provided to our customers.
- To maintain the security of our premises.
- For other purposes as reasonably required to provide our goods, solutions or services to you.
- In addition, you agree that PA may disclose your personal data where permitted by applicable law and for the following purposes:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data where we believe that we are under a legal obligation to disclose; in order to enforce or apply agreed terms and conditions or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, security or safety of PA, our customers, or premises, or others. The foregoing includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative(s) pursuant, for the purpose of the relevant transaction or enquiry.
- To authorised proxies representing you.
- To third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us (such as analysis on our behalf). Where PA discloses your personal data to third parties PA shall ensure that such data is used only to provide services to PA.
Storage of data, information security and applicability to third parties
- The data we collect from you may be transferred to, processed, and stored at, multiple destinations worldwide. PA will take all steps as required by mandatory Singapore law in connection with any transfer of such data overseas.
- PA agrees to protect your personal data in PA’s possession or under PA’s control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar activities.
- PA plans to require these data protection standards be observed by external parties who provide services to PA and/or to whom we disclose your personal data, but we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties.
Access to personal information
- We provide access to your personal data, save that in specified circumstances your access may be subject to fees to meet our costs.
- This Policy is published at PA’s website at www.pa.com.sg. PA may modify this Policy at any time and published such modifications on PA’s website. Continued use of any PA’s goods, solutions or services signifies acceptance of any such modification.
Questions, Application for Access/Correction and Withdrawal of consent
- If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact our Data Protection Office at:
PA Data Protection Office
Power Automation Pte Ltd
28 Ayer Rajah Crescent
- Please also contact our Data Protection Office if you would like to apply for access/correction of your own personal data or if you would like us to cease use of your personal data for any purpose, and we will provide the relevant application form to you.
- We will try to respond to your question or request promptly. We may however, depending on the nature of the question or request, need up to 30 days to provide you an estimate of when we will be able to respond to you.